Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Alaskan Adventure

Hubby and I are going to Alaska. We need to plan. We are leaving in just over a month. We need to determine everything. You know the usual:

Where to stay.. Where to Eat... What to do...

We are not decision makers. So in attempt to displace guilt and abjure responsibility, I am leaving the decisions to our friends the readers. Think of this as one of those choose your own adventure novels you read as a kid. Occasionally, I will play Encyclopedia Seis (Encylopedia Brown books were also a fave of mine and since the aforementioned books had no consistent main character, I adopted this one) and try to determine how this adventure will turn out. Think of this experiment as interactive blogging. I suggest you put it into the reader, because when we are actually on vacation we will need decisions fast. They may also get posted on my facebook acct. or Twitter due to mobile necessity. I have not told my hubby about this for three reasons:
  1. He thinks Blogs are stupid and has banned me from having One.
  2. He would hate the idea of anyone (but me of course) making decisions for him
  3. He would all of a sudden try to take control of planning that would end abysmally.

So, our first decision is where to stay in Denali National Park. I will list the Pro's and Con's of all the Budget accommodations we have listed along with a link. The poll will close in 24 hours. Every Vote counts.

Carlo Creek Lodge - Pro's- Reasonable Prices, WiFi, and remote creek side cabins w/porches Cons- No Restaurant/Bar Only Available accommodations may mean moving to different cabin during our stay

Denali Perch Resort - Pro's - has in house Cafe and is Next Door to Panorama Pub, Breakfast included. Con's - The cabins with Private Bathrooms are very close to one another and are farther from the creek.

McKinley Creekside Cabins - Pro's- has a restaurant, which offers packed lunches, WIFI, Can be booked through Expedia and has good reviews Cons- farthest away from park, cabins are close together

Poll will be up for 24 hours, because tommorrow I have to make a reservation.

1 comment:

  1. Who could pass up an included breakfast? You know which one I voted for!
    ; )

    ReplyDelete